Falklands, South Georgia, and Antarctica: Explorers and Kings on World Explorer
The Falklands (Malvinas), South Georgia & Antarctica itinerary is the fastest way to get to the rarely visited Falkland Islands and South Georgia before stepping foot on the 7th Continent. Stroll the quaint English village of Stanley in the Falklands, wander the islands’ sandy dunes, and birdwatch at rugged seabird cliffs. In South Georgia, discover the beaches where king penguins breed – one of the highest densities of animal life on earth – and learn about the rich historical legacy of the places you visit. Both islands are known as meccas for wildlife with epic displays of animals congregating by the thousands. Then, explore the stunning Antarctic Peninsula and enter a world of ice, snow and natural wonders. Pursue your personal passions with a choice of rewarding activities and our extensive educational program.
- Wander the quaint British town of Stanley in the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
- See South Georgia’s incredible wildlife, including 30 breeding bird species and four penguin species
- Follow in the wake of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s perilous voyages to South Georgia and pause for a moment at his grave site
- Explore the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and foot
- Learn about Antarctica’s unique geology, history and wildlife with our onboard lecturers
- Immerse yourself in the icy realm of the Antarctic, with an optional kayaking excursion
Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Not only is it among our fastest ships, it is also one of our finest, with six tiers of deluxe accommodation.
The personal space is exceptional. Every suite has either a private walk-out or French balcony for direct ocean views. World Explorer also delivers plenty of public areas to unwind in after a day outdoors, including the glass-domed Observation Lounge for quiet contemplation and full skyline views, the Explorer Lounge for a drink and a chat, and the library for more intimate relaxing and reading. Presentations and discussions are facilitated in a dedicated lecture theatre.
Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, a small gym and a sauna, plus a spa with change rooms, showers and lockers. For the active adventurers, add-ons include kayaking, camping and stand-up paddleboarding.